Thursday, September 27, 2007

Latin American Idol Support Party

On Wednesday evening the fabulous owner of Blintz threw a support party for Guatemala's very own Carlos Peña in the finals of Latin American Idol. Quite amazingly this 19 year old made it all the way to the end out of thousands from 23 different countries in Latin America.

Lucy brought in 2 televisions to the tiny cafe and decorated with streamers, photos, and balloons to set the atmosphere. Then I, my co-worker, and others all gathered to enjoy a coffee and watch the performances. Additionally, Lucy offered all visitors a free coffee or smoothie if they submitted text votes for Carlos. Unfortunately my phone was screwing up so I couldn't get a free drink, but it was fun anyhow.

Last night she hosted a party again, but I had class and couldn't show my support for Carlos. Luckily, I made it home to see the final announcement that Carlos Peña did indeed win Latin American Idol (2nd Season)! Immediately following the news I heard fire-crackers in my neighborhood in celebration for Guatemala's pride....Carlos. Woo Hoo!

No comments: