Thursday, December 13, 2007

Asian Update...

So I am here at the KLCC or Kuala Lumpur Convention Center after just finishing 3 very long days of intense discussion, social networking and eating good food. I am kind of sad, the same way I normally feel after any event. It really isn't that this city has been so spectacular or the convention awe inspiring (though it was very worthwhile and valuable). I don't know. I am just sort of sad. There is just something to be said being immersed in such a positive aura. Everyone here is trying to benefit mankind and help to world to develop. Being a part of this energy is such a privileged. I felt somewhat out of place at first thinking that I was just some young guy who is volunteering in Guatemala, teaching some English, doing other odd jobs. However I suppose that is how it all starts, from the heart, possessing the spirit to serve. I hope this signals a life of serve ahead of me (I am pretty sure it does), because without the overall goal of better the lives of everyone including but not limited to ourselves, why are we living on this Earth? Just my philosophical remark of the day. More to come about Malaysia. I have a 36 hour adventure to get home to Quiche where I can't wait to see my wife and cat.

Toby

No comments: