Saturday, June 16, 2007

It's a boy!!!


Toby and I are proud to announce the newest member of our family....is a boy! Yes, that's right we are now the proud adoptive parents of little Nieve.

Our new kitty adoption was a big of a surprise. The short of the story is that last week I was feeling sad about my grandmother passing away. Then, a co-worker of ours stopped by to ask if we wanted a kitty because she remembered us liking them. We had previously discussed getting a kitten, but had decided against it. This time, however, seemed like a sign to us, plus it really perked up my spirits. We discussed everything and decided...YES! And, in honor of my Grandma Snow, we named him Nieve which means snow in Spanish.


We received our cute new baby boy (kitten) on Wednesday this week. He is mostly a charcoal gray color with white paws, a white nose, and a white chest/belly. Like any kitten he is very playful, often attacking the shower curtain, my hair ties, shoe laces, and Toby. We've found that he tends to strike up little bouts more with Toby than myself. He is very sweet and loving though, and especially enjoys snuggling up close with us. We are now co-sleeping with a little kitten because he adores sleeping close to us in the night. And unlike other cats, Nieve seems to always move closer so that he is touching us. We just hope he stays this nice and friendly!

2 comments: